THE sister of a man who died after taking a drugs overdose said he would ‘never be forgotten’ by his family.

An inquest into the death of 23-year-old Connor Alton heard that he had small levels of tramadol and methadone in his system when he died on February 13 this year, the combined effects of which had caused his death.

Connor had been out with friends on the night before his death and returned to the house where he was staying in Skipton Road, Barnoldswick.

At the time he was lodging with Sheila Cusworth, who was a friend of his mum, Anne-Marie Gane.

He was found in the attic room he was staying in by Sheila.

His younger sister Courtney, a student at Clitheroe Grammar School Sixth Form, said: “The person we remember as a family is very different to the one his friends remember.

“He was very protective of his four sisters and his mum, that is how we will always remember him.

“At his funeral the church was packed.

“He was really funny and was somebody who would always make the best of any situation.

“Even when he wasn’t living here he would always be coming back to the family house in Park Road.

“That is how we remember him and he will never be forgotten.”

The inquest at Burnley Coroners’ Court heard that Connor was easily influenced by his friends.

He had moved in with Sheila to try to distance himself from some ‘bad company’ he was keeping, the inquest was told.

In a written statement, Connor’s friend Daniel Brown said that he believed Connor had taken some heroin when they were together on February 10, and that he thought Connor had been through his bag to look for his prescribed tramadol.

Coroner Richard Taylor recorded a verdict of misadventure.