Fifteen seats will be up for grabs when Chorley goes to the polls in the May local elections.
The Mayor of Chorley councillor Adrian Lowe will be standing for re-election.
Brothers, councillors Tony and Danny Gee will also be contesting seats, as will councillor Pat Case, deputy leader of the controlling Conservative group and councillor Stella Walsh, deputy leader
of the Liberal Democrats.
County councillor Peter Wilson, assistant to Chorley MP Lindsay Hoyle, is standing in Adlington and Anderton where current councillor, Labour's Michael Davies is standing down.
Labour's Mary Wilson, wife of the late former leader Jack Wilson who died last year, had intended to stand down in Chorley East prior to her death today from cancer.
Another Labour councillor Margaret Lees will not be seeking re-election in Chorley South East.
Paul Walmsley, the uncle of Chorley schoolgirl Jessica Knight, aged 14, who was repeatedly stabbed in a frenized knife attack in January, is standing in Heath Charnock and Rivington.
And New Party candidate Colin Denby is contesting Chorley North East.
The current composition of Chorley Borough Council is: 26 Conservative councillors; 15 Labour; three Independent and three Liberal Democrat.
Six of the seats available are currently held by Conservatives, six by Labour, two by Independents and one by the Liberal Democrats.
The candidates are as follows.
- Adlington and Anderton Peter Wilson Lab Lawrence Catterall Cons Phillip Pilling LD
- Brindle and Hoghton Neil Caton Lab David Dickinson Cons
- Chorley East Julia Berry Lab Nicola Gregory Cons
- Chorley North East Colin Denby New Party Simon Parkinson Cons Adrian Lowe Lab
- Chorley South East Eleanor Smith Cons Alistair Ward Lab David Porter LD
- Chorley North West Barbara Higham Cons Jonathan Pryor Lab Joyce Snape Ind
- Chorley South West Dorothy Livesey Cons Anthony Gee Lab
- Clayton-le-Woods and Whittle-le-Woods Frances Maguire Lab John Walker Cons Glenda Charlesworth LD
- Clayton-le-Woods North Alan Cullens Cons Steve Murfitt Lab Stephen Fenn LD
- Coppull Peter Gore Lab Stella Walsh LD Stephen Royce Cons
- Eccleston and Mawdesley Alan Whittaker Lab Henry Caunce Cons
- Euxton North Debra Platt Cons Danny Gee Lab
- Lostock Margaret Iddon Ind Simon Moulton Cons
- Heath Charnock and Rivington Pat Case Cons Paul Walmsley Lab
- Wheelton and Withnell Christopher France Lab Shaun Smith Cons