AN MP has spoken of his devastation following the death of his daughter.

Lindsay Hoyle, who is the MP for Chorley and the deputy speaker for the House of Commons, described his daughter Natalie, 28, as ‘loving and beautiful’.

Mr Hoyle thanked the public for all its support and asked for the privacy of his family to be respected at this painful time.

Mr Hoyle posted on Facebook: “I am truly devastated by the death of our beautiful daughter Natalie.

“Our family will never be the same without our loving granddaughter, sister and aunty.

“Thank you for all of the support we have received it is overwhelming.

“Please continue to respect our privacy and allow us to grieve at this painful time.”

Mr Hoyle, 60, was elected as the MP for Chorley in 1997 and was elected as the deputy speaker in the House of Commons in 2010.

Natalie’s mother, Miriam Lewis, a councillor for Maldon District Council in Essex has urged for anyone with information about her death to contact Essex Police.

On Facebook, Mrs Lewis said: “It is with unbearable sadness that I have to announce the sudden death of my beautiful, much adored daughter Natalie.

“I need your help.

“If Natty contacted you, by phone, text, messenger or any other means on Thursday, December 14 between 8pm and midnight please let me know through this page or contact A/Insp Jon Loudon at Essex Police incident no. 158.

“Any little scrap of information may be more relevant than you imagine.

“Her mobile phone is missing and may have been left on the 9.18pm from Liverpool Street to Ipswich on Thursday evening.

“If you found an iPhone please hand it in quoting Essex Police incident 158.

“Natalie is my only child, my mini-me. Please help me find out what happened to her in the hours before her death.

“Share as widely as you can.”

An Essex Police spokesman said: “Officers were contacted by the ambulance service shortly after 6.45am on Friday, December 15 with reports a 28-year-old woman had been found unconscious at an address in the Beeches Road area of Heybridge.

“Sadly she died at the scene. Her death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”